on Aug. 22nd, 2012
First, thanks to all my testers, you guys rock! Also, thank you all for being patient while I worked on this version of the website.
In a nutshell, I've added a new design that works well on all of your devices and I added a ton of other new features and improvements. Let's stop fooling around and get to the list of changes.
- Responsive design: this site now works well on any modern device. A lot of you use this site on your iOS device and I really wanted it to look nice for you in that setting.
- Your colosseum results can now be tracked, just like your breeding results. It works almost exactly the same.
- I've added a friend matching system so that you can easily find friend or people to trade gems with.
- There is now a designated area for guides. Please tell me if you would like to see a specific guide, or even if you would like to write one!
- The whole site layouts and designs have been looked over to make sure they all make sense and are easy to use.
- The site search is more useful now. It also searches news articles and guides now. It will include more content in the future.
- You can now easily see item counts in the menu for all sorts of things like breeding, colosseum results, and more.
- And a bunch of little things that got better all over the place.
One thing that was supposed to come out with this release was the ability to sign in with your social media accounts like Twitter and Facebook. I was having some weird issues with that so I am going to work out the kinks and add that to the site, hopefully within the week.
I am really excited about this new version of the website and am excited about the direction the site is going. I am hoping that this awesome little community continues to grow and that I am able to keep making it a better site for you all.
You can expect to see more little updates to this site in the future instead of me taking months on a big release. That means your suggestions will get added to the site quicker than they were before.
As always, please let me know if you have any feedback. I hope you enjoy the new site and happy breeding!